Monday, February 28, 2005

pics and a coldsore

woke up this morning with a cold sore - first one in about a year... apparently this lack of sleep phase i'm currently going through is catching up with me. i've been giving it a healthy dose of medicated cream all day long so we'll see how that works out.

got my film back today. here are a few pics of my great adventures in loja and riobamba...



here is one of those crazy displays in the park in loja i was talking about...



this is the gate to the city - quite an interesting piece of architecture considering the surroundings - it houses a café and a couple of small art galleries.



here is the train for the nariz de diablo (devil's nose) train ride - notice that it's actually a bus on train chassis (there is an actual train but during the off season it's mostly hit or miss on that count).



a shot of the tracks on the way up the nariz - you sit on top behind this bar that keeps you in.



this church survied the great fire of 1779 and was moved, brick by brick to riobamba's current location.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Also visit my blog post :: best weightloss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home